~ Event Has Been Cancelled ~
Careers for Veterinarians & Technicians in Industry and Differentiating Your Practice with Clinical Studies will be held at the AZPetVet Training Center in Glendale on Wednesday, October 9, 2019. Join us for this evening meeting approved for 2 CE hours by the Arizona Academy of Veterinary Practice!
- Employers: pharmaceutical and medical device companies, contract research organizations, start-ups.
- Career Opportunities: basic and clinical research, technical services, regulatory affairs, marketing, and business development.
- Tactics and strategies for entering industry.
- The different types of clinical studies (pilot and pivotal, regulated vs unregulated)
- What organizations sponsor studies, such as veterinary and human pharmaceutical companies, start-up companies, and collaborative institutions.
- How to establish your practice as a clinical trial site (processes, resources, etc.)
- Personnel: roles of the CVT & veterinarian in clinical studies
- Roles of the sponsors, investigators, contract research organizations, monitors and regulators
Approved for 2 CE hours by the Arizona Academy of Veterinary Practice.
Craig Woods, DVM, MS, MBA
Director and Assistant Professor Intitute for Healthcare Innovation Midwestern University
This lecture will cover the various non-clinical careers available to veterinarians and veterinary technicians, and tactics on pursuing careers out-side of private practice. Dr. Woods will also share examples from his colorful 20+ years in industry, academia, and serving as a consultant to various domestic and international companies.
Leigh Pennington, BS, LVT, CVT
Research Coordinator Institute for Healthcare Innovation Midwestern University
This lecture will cover the various types of clinical studies available to private practices, review some real-world examples, and discuss how to prepare your practice for being a clinical study site.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations before 10-1-19 will receive refunds in full. No shows or cancellations received on or after 10-1-19 will be charged the full amount.
Late Registration Policy: Registrations received on or after October 2, 2019 will be charged a $10 late registration processing fee.