Webinar Session Details
Join us on Monday, September 28, 2020 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm for the VHCTAz's Zoom Webinar, A Proactive Approach to Osteoarthritis sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health.
- This session has been designed for veterinary technicians.
- This session is RACE Approved for technicians & will not be recorded.
- Understand the importance of an early assessment and address the common misconceptions about osteoarthritis (e.g., age, breed, clinical signs).
- Recognize best practices for being proactive in assessment—what to look for, what is commonly missed, and tips to excel.
- Learn communication techniques to project a consistent message and deliver the relevant information appropriately.
- VHCTAz Member & Students: $10
- Non-VHCTAz Member: $15
Important Webinar Information:
- Approved for 1 CE hour by the Arizona Academy of Veterinary Practice & RACE Approved (for veterinary technicians).
- Note: CE credit will only be awarded to those who watch the entire live webinar. This webinar will not be recorded.
- Zoom Tutorial: Joining and participating in a webinar (attendee)
Kara Burns, MS, MEd, LVT, VTS (Nutrition), VTS-H (Internal Medicine, Dentistry)
Tech Champions Speaker
A licensed veterinary technician with master’s degrees in physiology and counseling psychology, Kara Burns began her career in human medicine working as an emergency psychologist. She is the founder and president of the Academy of Veterinary Nutrition Technicians and teaches nutrition courses around the world as a nutritional consultant. She is also the director of veterinary nursing for NAVC Publishing as well as the editor-inchief of Today’s Veterinary Nurse.
Ms. Burns is a member of many national, international, and state associations and holds positions on many boards in the profession, including American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition executive board technician liaison, Western Veterinary Conference technician education manager, NAVTA immediate past president, PrideVMC board treasurer, International Society for Sports Nutrition, and the Pet Nutrition Alliance executive board.
Ms. Burns has authored many articles, textbooks, and textbook chapters and is an internationally invited speaker, focusing on topics of nutrition, leadership, and technician utilization. She has been featured on the cover of the Veterinary Technician Journal and The NAVTA Journal. She was named the NAVC Technician Speaker of the Year in 2013 and in 2016. She was also the 2010 NAVTA Veterinary Technician of the Year, as well as the 2011 Dr. Franklin Loew Lecturer.
Her pet family includes a French bulldog, an Aussie/border collie cross, birds, and 4 indoor cats.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before 9-24-20 will receive refunds in full. No-shows or cancellations received after 9-24-20 will be charged the full amount.