AzVMA Member Advantages
As a valued member of the Arizona Veterinary Medical Association, you receive multiple benefits! Check them out below.
Academy of Veterinary Practice
- Recognizes members that have exceeded state requirements for licensure by completing a rigorous series of continuing education courses.
Allied Industry Partnership
- Programs designed to bring together the companies that provide products and services to the veterinary profession in a spirit of cooperation for the benefit of veterinary practices. Special Allied Industry Directory is updated quarterly for the most up-to-date information to maintain your Allied relationships.
- Tracks CE credits awarded through AzVMA continuing education sessions for license renewal. Copies of CE transcripts are available at any time, to view or print, through your AzVMA membership account.
- Opportunities to expand your network and connect during local association events, including conferences, CE meetings, and committee meetings. Utilize your Annual Membership Directory to connect even further.
Expansive Education Opportunities
- Offers over 20 continuing education and professional development programs annually for veterinarians, technicians and veterinary support staff. Education is centered around expanding scientific knowledge, enhancing business needs and elevating professional training for staff.
News for Veterinarians
- Publishes Arizona Veterinary News, AzVMA's monthly publication centered on trending veterinary topics and containing classified ads and association updates.
- Provides a wide variety of online resources under the "Veterinarians" tab.
Produces printed and online resources focused on client education and the importance of veterinary care. Includes information on wellness, diseases, desert dangers, and more! Your practice will be included in the annual AzVMA Public Resource Directory distributed at various local events for pet owners.
- Partners with Midwestern University and local veterinary technician programs to pair mentors with students, to share their expertise and provide a hands-on learning experience. To participate, please submit an application through this link.
Veterinary Health Care Team of Arizona (VHCTAz)
- Aims to create cohesive veterinary support teams that function at a high level of excellence by encouraging continuing education, interpersonal communication, client education, community service and networking within the profession.
Volunteer and Leadership Opportunities
- Includes members as an integral part of the growth of the veterinary community by providing an opportunity to serve on a committee and see their ideas come to life!
Young Leaders Advisory Council (YLAC)
- Develops programs and services to help current students of veterinary medicine and recent veterinary graduates with the challenges of starting out in practice and provides opportunities for them to get involved in association activities and projects.