Resources for Pet Owners
Locating a Veterinarian
Pet Owner Resources
Pet Friendly License Plates
Lost Pet Contacts
- Pet Poison Helpline - Ph: 800-213-6680
- Consultation fee, 24/7 animal poison control center, sponsored by North Shore Animal League America and PROSAR International Animal Poison Center
Wildlife Rehabilitation Centers
- Liberty Wildlife Rehabilitation Foundation - Wildlife Emergencies
- 2600 E Elwood St, Phoenix, AZ 85040
- Ph: 480-998-5550
- Liberty Wildlife is committed to nurturing the nature of Arizona by providing quality wildlife rehabilitation, environmental education, research and conservation services.
- Southwest Wildlife Rehabilitation and Educational Foundation
- 27026 N 156th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85262
- Ph: 480-471-9109
- A non-profit organization that specializes in rescuing and rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife native to the southwest, educating today's youth on the importance of native wildlife and the environment, and encouraging educational career opportunities in environmental science.
- Arizona Humane Society
- Nina Mason Pulliam Campus for Compassion - 1521 W Dobbins Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85041
- Sunnyslope Facility - 9226 N 13th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Organizations & Government Agencies
Arizona State Veterinary Medical Examining Board
- 1740 W Adams St, Ste 4600, Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Ph: 602-364-1738
The Veterinary Board protects the health, safety, and welfare of the general public, as well as the welfare of animals, by enforcing the licensing standards prescribed by statute for the licensing and regulation of veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and veterinary premises.
Arizona State Public Health Veterinarian
- Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Infectious Disease Services
- 150 N 18th Ave, Ste 140, Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Ph: 602-364-4562
This website includes information about community health, including information about animal diseases that can affect humans.
American Veterinary Medical Association
- 1931 N Meacham Rd, Ste 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Ph: 800-248-2862
The AVMA is the national professional organization for veterinarians. Their public resources include animal health brochures, disaster preparedness information, pet owners guide to common small animal poisons, children's materials, and more.
Office of the State Veterinarian
- 1688 W Adams St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Ph: 602-542-4293
This website includes regulations for importing animals. The Office of the State Veterinarian is responsible for watching over these four areas: Regulation of the importation of animals, control and eradication of livestock diseases, regulation of fish farming, transportation and processing and emergency response.
Disclaimer of Endorsement & Liability: The Arizona Veterinary Medical Association (AzVMA) does not endorse or recommend any products, services, organizations or companies. This AzVMA "Public Resources" web page provides links to other sites for informational purposes and the convenience of its users.