Veterinary Health Care Team Awards
Each year, the Veterinary Health Care Team of Arizona recognizes individuals, teams and practices for their dedication to excelling and bettering the veterinary community. We invite you to nominate your colleagues for these awards of exemplifying the "10 Qualities of Effective Veterinary Staff" and join us in honoring them for their contributions.
Veterinarian Leadership Award
This award is given to a veterinarian based on leadership. The recipient is an individual who has demonstrated active support and encouragement for his/her staff to continue learning and growing within their profession.
Qualifications for the Veterinarian Leadership Award:
- Veterinarian must be a member of the Arizona Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinarian demonstrates support and encouragement for team members
- Veterinarian creates a learning environment for team members
- Veterinarian promotes teamwork within the practice
Veterinary Health Care Team of the Year Award
Presented to a team that demonstrates the 10 qualities of highly effective veterinary staff and that exemplifies the true meaning of team work.
Qualifications for the Veterinary Health Care Team of the Year Award:
Team Player of the Year Award
An individual who receives this award demonstrates an understanding of the important role of each member of the team, lives up to his/her responsibilities, and adheres to the code of the ten qualities of highly effective veterinary staff.
Qualifications for Team Player of the Year Award:
- Individual is an active member of the Veterinary Health Care Team of Arizona
- Individual has been employed in the veterinary profession for at least two years; one year for kennel staff
- Individual demonstrates teamwork and adherence to the ten qualities of highly effective veterinary staff
- Individual continually strives to go above and beyond with clients, patients and peers
Most Valuable Player (MVP) VHCTAz Leadership Award
(individual, serves as a chair on VHCTAz Leadership Committee)
This award, voted on by members of the VHCTAz Leadership Committee and professional colleagues, recognizes a Community Leader whose outstanding contributions have helped advance the goals of the Veterinary Health Care Team of Arizona through leadership, dedication, creativity and enthusiasm.
Current MVP VHCTAz Leadership Award Candidates:
- Tanya Brown, CVT - KC Animal Hospital & Pet Resort
- Lisa Donimari, CVT - Western Maricopa Education Center
- Sharon Hebestreit, CVT - Northern Arizona Technician Services
- Erika Hewlett - 43rd Avenue Animal Hospital
- Ashley Kedrowski, MBA, MHA - Desert Veterinary Medical Specialists
- Dan Levesque, CVT - Veterinary Neurological Center
- Sandra Moore, CVT - Carrington College
- Jessie Nelson, CVT, VTS - Pima Medical Institute
- Kandi Nelson, CVPM - Pima North Animal Hospital
- Mandy Price, CVPM - Ingleside Animal Hospital
- Jen Schwartz, CVT - East Valley Institute of Technology
- Samantha Secore - Veterinary Neurological Center
- Kristi Smith, CVT - K9-Games Dog Training
- Dylan Warner - Sun City West Animal Hospital
- Sasha Willis, CVT - Midwestern University Companion Animal Clinic
Each year, VHCTAz recognizes individuals and teams who honor the veterinary medical profession with their outstanding contributions in a variety of areas. This year, awards were presented at the Awards & Recognition Luncheon at the VHCTAz Team Conference in Scottsdale on October 19, 2019. Come celebrate with us at next year's 2020 VHCTAz Team Conference on Saturday, September 26, 2020.